Tuesday, April 10, 2012

We're going to Kauai!

HARD WORK PAYS OFF
Yes, it is true. After 5 years with Vision Solutions, Ryan finally hit and surpassed his impossible quota. Aside from confidence, security, and a bonus, why is that such a big deal? Well, try two tickets to Hawaii, 4 nights accomodations at the swank St Regis in Princeville, $200 gift card to the spa and a $1000 in American Express cash cards to spend on food and activities. Yippeeee! A gigantic thank you to Ryan for being so awesome and working so hard.

GRATITUDE
Another huge thank you to Heavenly Father. I don't think that it is any coincidence that Ryan was able to accomplish this during an extremely difficult year for our family that stemmed from obedience in following the prompting to have another baby. It was in early Febuary that I became sick. The sickness, ligament pains, varicosities, migraines and other random ailments lasted until the minute I climbed on the operating table. Then the drama of c-section recovery took over. Because of all this, Ryan had to cut back on his travel and had to pick up some of the slack at home. It is only through Heavenly Father's help that he had his best year at work during our worst year at home. To say that obedience brings blessings is an understatement.

A FUN JOKE ON THE KIDS
To add some fun, we didn't tell the boys that I worked really hard to coordinate using frequent flyer miles to get them tickets as well. They thought that we were only taking Tiago and that they were going to a special "Chore Camp" where kids have to earn their keep by working during the day so they could have food and a bed. Poor little guys. We talked about sneaking them in our luggage (they were so willing to try it out that they actually got inside my suitcase until we decided they might not be able to breathe!) and decided that they would try some ninja spy moves instead. They were very 'tricky' when it was time for Ryan, Tiago and I to board. They walked right next to us, mirroring our steps to remain unspotted. It was great! They were so excited to get on the plane from SLC-LAX and so nervous if they would make it on the second leg to Kauai.

THE APRIL FOOL'S MOMENT
While we were waiting for the connecting flight to Kauai, I convinced an airport customer service agent to walk over to where we were sitting to tell the boys that they needed to report the gate 58A for the bus to chore camp. He was awesome to do it. The boys weren't sure what to believe. Cai was just smiling like a goof and Dezi started to wrap his arms and legs around his seat saying, "I'm not going!" That's when we said, "April Fool's!" They looked at us in shock and confusion and Dezi proceeded to really analyze and talk about it for days. I loved when he would randomly bring up things I had done, asking, "So when you said ___, that was just part of the April Fool's joke?" Great fun!

THE TRIP
All three of the boys were amazing on our flights. Dezi and I worked on a lot of his homework. Not only will he miss a week of school for our trip, but he missed several days before the trip due to illness. No fun! They watched movies, listened to music, took pictures and talked. Tiago was the angel he always is and even fell asleep in my Moby wrap.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


THE ARRIVAL
As we stepped off the plane, we were greeted by the warm humidity that I love so much. Ahhhh....Then, at the luggage claim we were given fresh leis and smiles from the shuttle service that Vision booked to take us to the hotel. We also met several other Vision employees from Europe who had come in on the same flight. It was so fun to talk to them in French, but I was sad to discover how rusty I am :( even though they said I spoke wonderfully.

The drive took about 45 minutes to get to the north side of the island. I'm not sure if I was just expecting a lot of development and a commercial feel, but I was please with how relaxing and almost rural it felt. We got to the hotel just in time to see a beautiful sunset after checking in. I got things (and Tiago) settled for the night while Ryan took the boys to explore. Even though it was nearly 10pm Utah time, they were too pumped to sleep right away. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: