THE QUIET MORNING
With Tiago on Utah time, my mornings have been beginning quite early. I left the room this morning to catch the sunrise on the hotel 'look out'. It was beautiful! I loved watching how the slow sunrise changed the colors of the mountains and the water. It was all there for Tiago, the paddle boarders, the crabs and I to enjoy in peace and quiet.
With Tiago on Utah time, my mornings have been beginning quite early. I left the room this morning to catch the sunrise on the hotel 'look out'. It was beautiful! I loved watching how the slow sunrise changed the colors of the mountains and the water. It was all there for Tiago, the paddle boarders, the crabs and I to enjoy in peace and quiet.
TUNNELS BEACH
Today we had an adventure courtesy of Ryan's colleague and friend, Steve. He and Tara were kind enough to let us squish in their rental car to drive into Hanalei where we rented snorkels before heading out to Kee Beach. Unfortunately, we never made it there, but instead hung out at Tunnels Beach while they went on a hike that was too dangerous for kids. I was sad to miss a hike, but the beach was super fun. Ryan got to risk his life body surfing in crazy waves, Tiago got to nap under the perfect shady palm, and I got to take the boys snorkeling where they saw TONS of fish. I was especially proud of Caetano who surprised me with his fearless swimming in 20 feet of water. To be honest, it was a little scary when I realized there was a current and neither of my boys had a life jacket. I held onto them tighter than necessary out of precaution! Sadly, that meant no hands available to photograph all the fish! Such beautiful scenery ever direction! Notice the waterfall on the mountain and the amazing terrain of the Napali Coast. I'd really hoped for a boat cruise to take it all in, but no babies allowed :(
By the way, we later realized that this was the location that the teen girl got her arm bit off by a tiger shark. We discovered this because Steve came here spear fishing with some locals who informed him. Pretty crazy!
The boys loved the coconuts, even the soft, gooey inside, but they REALLY loved the rambutans we got at a little street stand. I love that they have a lot of fruits we eat in Brasil, like 'apple bananas'. Yum!
AWARD NIGHT - ADULTS ONLY
After a fun day out and about, it was actually a bit frantic getting ready for the big award dinner. As if getting ready in little time weren't stressful enough, the babysitting service didn't show up on time. HUGE STRESS! A shuttle bus was picking everyone up promptly and we missed it. AWFUL way to start a night. I felt bad for all of us. Ryan didn't want to look bad, I had a terrible time getting the kids settled with a total stranger in 2 seconds and feeling comfortable that I explained everything to her necessary and she was sweating bullets from her rush. Tiago, who had been put to sleep, woke up in the melee and I felt sick leaving.
Luckily, Steve let us borrow his car so we were able to get to the location, but it took a good 30 minutes before I could begin to relax. Other than that, it was a pleasant night. Good food, beautiful location, good conversation with Steve and Tara and, of course, the lengthy awards. So proud of Ryan!
We got back to sleeping kids and a nervous woman. Poor thing was worried about being fired. 50 years old and starting life over after a divorce. She explained that she would have been on time, but the valet forgot to open the parking gate for her. She gave a half hour discount for us (mind you, we were paying $35 an hour plus room service!!!!) and we told her that we would let her boss know that we were happy with her. Seemed like she took great care of the boys, even though Tiago had a rough time falling asleep. What a night!


No comments:
Post a Comment