Saturday, April 21, 2012

Back home and back to normal with the Bake Sale

Cai quietly crashed in the afternoon after the long trip home. I didn't even notice he had fallen asleep because I was busy baking for the Garden Affair Bake Sale. In the end we made a couple hundred dollars at the sale to benefit the Daybreak to DebreZeit Project. I was exhausted and jetlagged and crazy, but it all worked out. The boys even helped that afternoon to sell the leftovers in our neighborhood. They are such goo little helpers and I'm so grateful that my volunteering has brought them to a greater understanding of the needs of others in the world. It doesn't mean they are as unselfish as I'd like them to be, but they are kind enough to sit out in the hot sun for a couple of hours to help out some kids on the other side of the world. It makes me feel proud.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: