SUNRISE AND WATERFALLS
I could seriously get used to waking up like this every day. There is nothing quite like opening your shutters to a breathtaking view of nature at its finest. I remember I had that feeling of awe and wonder every day when I opened my shutters in Switzerland. This is a totally different landscape, yet it shares two features I love: water and mountains. So beautiful!
I could seriously get used to waking up like this every day. There is nothing quite like opening your shutters to a breathtaking view of nature at its finest. I remember I had that feeling of awe and wonder every day when I opened my shutters in Switzerland. This is a totally different landscape, yet it shares two features I love: water and mountains. So beautiful!

SWIMMING!
We decided to rent snorkel gear for the boys today so they could fully enjoy the water. They loved it, especially the fins! We thought they would take advantage of them to go exploring in the ocean, but they really ended up having a great time in the pool. I'm so happy that they are both capable swimmers. It definitely makes a vacation like this more fun.
OCEAN TIME!
The boys did venture in the ocean as well and even saw some fun sea creatures, but they definitely preferred the warm, salt-free pool. They were hoping to see a puffer fish after we a little boy talking about one, but we never did find one :( They still had fun though.
Incidentally, the little boy was the son of Kathryn Hahn, who happened to be staying at our resort. The side story is that the moment I heard her voice, before I even saw her face, I recognized it. At first I had trouble placing it. I even wondered if it was someone I knew because it was so familiar. Once I realized it was Kathryn from her guest spot on Parks and Rec, I was sure it was her, Ryan didn't think it was. We debated for a day with no conclusion. I talked to her about the good spots for the kids to snorkel and the next day Ryan ended up talking to her husband who confirmed it was who I thought. I'm not in awe of famous people, but I was happy that #1 Ryan got to tell her husband how much we love her in her guest role on Parks and Rec and #2 I was right and Ryan was wrong :)
THE LUXURIOUS SPA
I was lucky enough to have a sweet husband that let me use our spa credit to get an AMAZING massage. It was with hot stones and taro butter. Ahhhhh.... So nice. The sauna, steam room, and "rain forest" shower were also quite fantastic. I could have stayed there relaxing all day, but alas, we'll have to wait til I don't have a nursing baby to escape for more than an hour or two!
TIME TO CRASH
So much fun can only lead to exhaustion! I love this little crashed out boy. Notice the cool shower window with the reflection out our window. There was a special switch that would either make the glass opaque for privacy or clear so you could take in the view while in the luxurious shower or bath. So nice!






No comments:
Post a Comment