Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Underwater Adventures at Poipu

Ryan was awesome today and took care of all three boys so I could go snorkeling on my own. It was AMAZING! Why you ask? Well, because I suddenly found myself face to face with a turtle. We were so close I actually had to try not to touch it. I swam with it for what seemed like half an hour, just rocking back and forth with the motion of the waves. It was beautiful. Though I'd seen a turtle when we went diving in Belize, it was far away. I got to look this guy in the eyes and I'll never forget it. On my walk back to the boys, I saw more turtles riding the waves right on the beach! 
I ended up taking Dezi back with me. He saw the turtles from the beach, but my swimming pal was gone. Dezi was still happy to see the abundant and varied life that he did see though. It was great that we got that time together. 
All in all, a fabulous day of fun and relaxation. I could really get used to this place!















































No comments: