Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter morning


Well, we thought we might get away with not having an Easter Hunt this year, but the kids kept talking about how they couldn't wait for the 'scavenger hunt' so I guess that is a tradition we just can't give up! I hid clues in a bunch of eggs and hid them all VERY late at night. When they woke up they found their first egg that had a clue that led to the next and the next and the next until they finally found their 'loot'. They didn't get a ton, just some little chocolates, a choco bunny, some Cheetos, and $1.50. They were super happy until they started realizing that some of their friends got bigger gifts and toys. Comparison is the destroyer of happiness. I think they managed and recovered their joy alright, but I really wish all parents could hold a "let's keep our kids' expectations low" meeting ;)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: