Monday, December 26, 2011

Tiago's two days of feverish sadness

For pretty much two days, I couldn't set this poor little baby down without the saddest, wimpiest cry you've ever heard. I think that with his fever, he just didn't want to be left alone and couldn't soothe himself like he normally can. Of course, the upright position also made his congestion a bit better. It started Christmas Eve in the middle of the night and when I was still waking up all hours of the night to clear his sad little nose of mucus, I took him to the doctor on Thursday. Sure enough, he had an ear infection. Poor little. They used this crazy machine to stick a catheter into his nasal cavity to suction out all the mucus. There sure was a lot. Sooo sad! The past days as I've woken up to suction his nose in the middle of the night, his porr little lips have been all white and dry from gasping for air with his mouth. I don't think he really knows how to mouth breathe so I'd wake up with choking sounds. No fun for either of us! Thank goodness I remembered I still had this sling that Laura had sent me. I had to dig in a few maternity/baby boxes in the basement to find it, but the search was worth it!

By the way, I am no good at putting him in this thing! This was when we were getting settled. He calmed down and went back to little wimpers once I figured it out.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brian, Laura, and Lucas Bone said...

How sad! I didn't hear about this sickness I don't think. Definitely didn't hear about having to get his ear sucked out! Never heard of anything like that :( poor little guy

meu nome e raquelzinha! said...

Yes, it was SUPER sad! This was on Christmas day. I thought I talked to you...Anyway, they sucked his NASAL cavity out, not his EAR ;) It was sad and scary, but very effective. Only cost $70! So crazy!