Sunday, December 18, 2011
Allergy shots
So, it's an awful picture, but I'll use it as a starting point to say that Cai and I started our allergy shot treatment a few weeks ago. He has been such a brave boy! The first time they tried it, the needle wouldn't go in his arm due to some strange malfunction. I used the opportunity to joke that he must be part superhuman and his skin was too strong for the needle. He liked that and told everyone how strong his skin was. As for me, I'm happy to report the needles are pretty small (smaller than a flu shot), but it still pinches and then itches afterwards. This week's shot itched a lot for me as they increased the dose. For now, we go in twice a week and we get a shot in each arm, but the frequency will eventually go to once a week, then twice a month and finally once a month. We'll do if for 3-5 years. I think after all that Cai will definitely deserve a puppy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thank goodness Cai is superhuman! How about you?
Aw :( 3-5 years...wow! I want to do the shots but the thought of that just discourages me.
Post a Comment