We've been lucky enough this June to have plenty of dragon flies, butterflies, and ladybugs around. Cai was sooo happy to discover this kind butterfly. So happy, in fact, that he may have damaged her wings when he tried to touch her. We had to have a little lesson on how delicate these little creatures are. The ladybug release was a little crazier than years past. I was taking photos for Daybreak so Ryan got our ladybugs and took them home for our own garden. One creature tale I forgot to photograph is about a snail that the boys captured. The poor thing died and a couple days later, I found a little rock outside that had a picture of a snail drawn on it. I picked it up and saw that the other side read, "Here lies Snaly". I guess they had a little funeral and burial for it. I'd known that the snail died (its shell cracked) because Cai kept talking about him and going outside to check on him. Once again, we had to talk about how fragile these little creatures are. On the one hand, they care so much about creatures, but on the other hand, when other kids are killing ants with hand sanitizer, they join right in the fun. You can imagine what I feel about that...
Friday, June 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment