We love going to see the South Jordan Community Theater's plays, especially when we know people in the play. I love Les Mis. It is probably my favorite play. Even performed terribly, I'm pretty sure I could cry through the whole things because the story and music are simply that amazing. The whole family was supposed to go, but Cai ended up with a darn virus so Dezi and I got to go on a special date. I'm so glad we did. He LOVED it! At first, he needed a little prodding to go because he didn't want to leave the green court fun, but at intermission, he told me, "I'm so glad I came. This is the best play ever! I thought they were all just going to be standing at microphones singing. This is awesome!" He just couldn't stop gushing about it. I guess we'd watched a bit of the Anniversary performance on PBS where they were dressed up, but it was mainly standing and singing rather than the full play. Anyway, he was very engaged and impressed the whole length of the play and did not want to leave until we saw Geoffry Beckstrand (who played Gavroche and did a great job) and his sister Annie (he pointed her out every time he saw her in the choir). For weeks after watching the play, that's all he wants to listen to in the car and at home. I think we might just have a little Gavroche in training!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment