Ok, I admit it. I love going to charity functions. I love hearing about all the good that is being done and meeting people who share the same vision and passion that I have for helping others rise out of poverty and hardship. We were seated at a table with Reno Mahe (of football fame) and Daryl and Ann Hobson (they are in charge of the Clothes for Change project in Cape Verde that I will be helping with soon). The funny thing is that we decided to wander around the silent auction before sitting down, but we knew our table number. When I went to check on my framed Temple Mosaic that I donated, I noticed that the high bidder was seated at our same table. When we sat down, I discovered that it was Daryl and Ann. Of all the people to bid on it, it was my fellow Daybreakers that I will be teaming up with for LiveDAYBREAK's next Giving Back project. Too funny. Anyway, they were great, and Reno's wife was very nice as well. I had a good time and Ryan even let me bid on dance lessons, a Fotofly gift card, and a couple other small things.
All in all, a great night, though it started out rough. I am sooo grateful for DeeAnn and Earl who came up from Mt Pleasant to babysit. Tiago, who normally falls asleep angelically, refused to sleep and was crying very uncharacteristically. With any other babysitter, I don't think I would have been able to leave or relax for one second. I felt bad for poor Tiago, who is teething and very distracted by his new standing up skill (he stands up and gets 'stuck'). DeeAnn and Earl really saved the day!


No comments:
Post a Comment