At the end of Cai's sickness, it was time to go back to the Dr for Tiago's well check. Cai could still barely walk, but rescheduling was a nightmare, so we went. Tiago did well, as usual. 50% for height and 25% for weight.
The crazy story happened on the way home. I remembered that off 106th, there is a random place with tons of elk with huge antlers and also with bison. After being cooped up for too many days, I thought it would be fun for Cai to see them. As we pulled up beside them I heard Tiago gagging and asked Cai what was happening. Cai shouted, "He's choking, he's choking on his bandaid!" I hopped in the back of the van and, sure enough, I retrieved the bandaid, the cotton ball, and the bandage 'sock' from his heel prick. He'd tried gagging it out and there was even a little throw up from his efforts to get it out. Pretty crazy. I like to think that it was the Spirit that prompted me to pull off to see the bison because if I hadn't, I would have been on Bangerter. Since it's noisier, I may not have heard his gagging. Even if I'd heard it, what could I have done going 60 mph with lots of traffic? I'm grateful for these promptings from the Spirit that are a part of my life. Some people call it luck or intuition, but I give credit where credit is due and I thank Heavenly Father for giving us such a great Gift.
The crazy story happened on the way home. I remembered that off 106th, there is a random place with tons of elk with huge antlers and also with bison. After being cooped up for too many days, I thought it would be fun for Cai to see them. As we pulled up beside them I heard Tiago gagging and asked Cai what was happening. Cai shouted, "He's choking, he's choking on his bandaid!" I hopped in the back of the van and, sure enough, I retrieved the bandaid, the cotton ball, and the bandage 'sock' from his heel prick. He'd tried gagging it out and there was even a little throw up from his efforts to get it out. Pretty crazy. I like to think that it was the Spirit that prompted me to pull off to see the bison because if I hadn't, I would have been on Bangerter. Since it's noisier, I may not have heard his gagging. Even if I'd heard it, what could I have done going 60 mph with lots of traffic? I'm grateful for these promptings from the Spirit that are a part of my life. Some people call it luck or intuition, but I give credit where credit is due and I thank Heavenly Father for giving us such a great Gift.


No comments:
Post a Comment