Sunday, January 1, 2012

Tiago's Blessing

Funny little story about Tiago's blessing: Initially, we'd wanted to bless him over Thanksgiving weekend, but the Bishop was pretty adamant that we blessed him on a fast Sunday so we postponed it to the first fast Sunday in January. We showed up at church on January 1st with all our family in tow. We sat at the front row and Ryan and Bert were sort of practicing before people got there. Brother Koford came up and asked if we were planning to bless Tiago. Of course, weren't they expecting us? No, today isn't fast Sunday. Next week is. Whoops. Since we had lots of family from out of town and we were all ready to go, it was kind of hard to deny us. So, despite trying to follow the rules, we ended up breaking them anyway! At least I was spared from trying to bear my testimony with a sore throat that was increasing in intensity by the minute.

Back at the house, we had crepes, rice pudding, and little cake truffles. Lots and lots of sweet things to celebrate our little sweet thing!

Sadly, I didn't take more photos because I just was not feeling well. At least I got one quick group shot, a couple of sugar cane sampling shots, and a couple of family enjoying the cuteness of Tiago.











Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brian, Laura, and Lucas Bone said...

Wish I could have been there! If you postpone Dezi's baptism for a month then I could make it to that one...

meu nome e raquelzinha! said...

Will you be here the first Sunday in September?