Thursday, January 19, 2012

So domestic...and proud!

I've been getting good use out of Ryan's awesome gift to me, the Cuisinart grill/griddle/panini press/waffle maker. These oatmeal raisin waffles are my favorite waffles so far. We're trying out a new recipe each time and freezing the extra for quick and easy breakfast options. Who needs processed frozen waffles when you can freeze a variety of your own healthy and delicious waffles?
As for the cake pop maker, Santa knew we'd have fun with that! With Ryan out of town and me having single mom duties, I was already exhausted after dinner and I really didn't want to make them last night. Dezi was really upset that no one could take him to the DCC to practice basketball so I told him we could do something special instead. That's where the cake pops came in. I have to admit that I started out with an annoyed attitude because I had a million other things I wanted to be doing (like updating this blog, working on 2011's blog-to-book project, and of course cleaning up). I had to step back and adjust my tone as I realized that I love my children and they are the most important things that I could possibly give attention to. That's when the REAL fun began!
Lastly, to keep that perspective ALL the time, here's a nice little saying that Elder Neil Andersen quoted in General Conference.





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Goncalves said...

Those waffles and cakes sure do look good. I can't wait to go there and have some too.