Thursday, January 28, 2010
January Family Fun Fest
So, the Fun Fest. This was an Ascend Alliance activity that Daybreak was invited to participate in due to the Daybreak to DebreZeit project. Ascend Alliance agreed to put all Daybreak resident admissions towards our fund to build a school in our sister community. Not as many people came as I'd hoped, but I think the people that came had a good time and we were able to get our small fund started.
I stayed with my boys nearly the entire night and they were engaged the whole time. From making pinwheels and maracas, to planting seeds, to learning African dance and song, to ice skating, they loved every second. It was great for them to see friends there as well and I was happy to see my friends supporting a good cause with their children.
Personally, the Fun Fest came at a crazy time for our family. It seemed we were only back in town for 1 week after Christmas break when we got our 30 day notice to move. Of course, the Fun Fest still had to go on. It was a bit stressful to try to get the word out about this activity while also trying to look for a house. It didn't help that the earthquake in Haiti was so devastating and on everyone's minds. Hopefully, everyone will help somewhere and make sacrifices so those that are willing to work hard will get that helping hand they need to succeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment