Wednesday, January 20, 2010

N the Naughty Newt


I've been loving the little "playschool" co-op we've been having. Once a week Caetano gets to get together with 3 of his little church friends for some playing and learning time. The most important skill has been just learning to share and socialize with other kids and start to feel comfortable with other adults. He still cries when I leave him sometimes, even if he was excited 5 minutes earlier. He's started to say, "I'm shy" which tells me we must have slipped up and talked about his shyness when he was within earshot. Still, he's doing well and stops crying within seconds of my departure. Baby steps, right? That's why I wanted to start this little group before preschool, to give him the chance to ease into things.

This photo was on my day when we did the letter N. We painted a copy of N the Naughty Newt with nail polish (from the Amazing Action Alphabet, which I adore). The boys loved it! Then we made the letter N with their bodies. I showed them the photo on the TV, which they all thought was super cool. They wanted to keep taking pictures just so they could see themselves on tv.

No comments: