So, Caetano has really increased his imaginative story telling lately. A month or two ago, he told a very convincing tale of how papai spanks his bum and private parts (which NEVER happens). Now, before you start to worry about the mom who is in denial about her cruel husband, let me also tell you that, according to Cai, one of his friends consistently "punches him in the eyeball" while another often likes to "kick him in the penis". As he is never alone with these friends, I can vouch that these tales are not true. He tells his stories in such a convincing, matter-of-fact tone that I do actually worry that he might tell someone else these stories and that we will someday find child protective services knocking at our door. Do you think this blog entry could serve as proof of inncence in a court of law? I hope so! In the meantime, I will continue to try teaching him that his imagination stories are awesome (except the ones where he makes his parents look like abusive pedophiles), but that he needs to precede them by "I imagined..." or "What if..." Any other suggestions are welcomed.
I'm stealing from my 2010 Quotes sidebar to illustrate some more of his imaginative "truths".
"Goodnight boys," I said.
"Wait! Mom! One time, I petted a stegosaurus, but he ran away," replied Caetano. 1/18/10
"Boa noite." I said as I walked down the hall.
"Mom!" shouted Caetano.
"Yeah?" I asked with a smile on my face.
"One time I saw a real shark." Caetano stated.
"OK." I said, trying not to laugh. I think I'm seeing the beginning of a pattern. Last night was not the first night that Caetano chose to tell me something of this nature as I walked out of their bedroom. My question is, how many more nights will there be of his imagination statements? 1/19/10
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think his stories are funny! The appropriate ones that is. I can't wait to hear what Lucas makes up, he already has quite the imagination. He is likes to pretend to eat things and put things in my pans and "eat" them. Man I need to make a post...
Post a Comment