Though it might not be genetic, I do think that kids can't help but be interested in what they are exposed to. All the boys LOVE stealing my cameras to take pictures. Since I was successful with my entry to the South Jordan Art Show last year (1st place for my Temple Mosaic), I decided to enter again this year. More importantly, I really wanted Dezi to enter. We were running out of time and decided to use some of the photos he'd used for a collage for Reflections. He selected two photos, named them, and we put them in frames I had on hand for my business. He was SO PROUD when we went to the award night and saw that both his entries had ribbons. He won 1st and 3rd! Sooo exciting! I won 2nd place for one of my photos. Dezi got $60 and I received $75. Not too shabby, eh? Cai can't wait until he can enter next year. We told Jonas to enter and they sure were glad he did because his drawing won Best in Show for the kids! A happy night for all of us! It was too bad that Ryan missed it, but Cai was feeling under the weather so they stayed home together while we went out for our special recognition.

Lion's Kingdom (1st place)
Lion's Kingdom (1st place)


No comments:
Post a Comment