Saturday, May 5, 2012

Another Oh Sweet Sadie! Art and Gift Show

I keep telling myself I'm not going to do these anymore, but it's so hard to stop! I've got tons of inventory taking up closet space and I always convince myself that it isn't that big of a deal to set up. It really is a great feature that they have the central checkout so I don't have to be there the whole time. Of course, I'd love to be there to socialize and I always sell more when I'm there to help people find what they want (especially when they realize I'm the photographer and they can make custom requests).
Anyways, I set up and pretty much left it. I stopped by a few times to check on stock, but didn't spend much time otherwise. Still hung out with the kids at home, still did carpool for school, and still did swimming lessons. I have to admit that I was a bit frustrated that I couldn't break away more. If I do it again in the future, I really have to admit that I'm NOT going to be there so I don't get that frustrated feeling. I mainly need to look at it as advertising. My sales have gone down at the shows (I think because most people that go are repeat customers and already have my stuff if they want it), but I still get referral and follow up business after the show. For example, I'll be doing a Relief Society Enrichment activity because of the show that will bring in $400. Not too shabby.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: