We arrived in Pine Valley on Saturday late afternoon. A game of soccer ended with me scoring a fantastic, backwarrds goal with a nice heel kick. Sadly, it also came with a collision between my face and Dezi's head. One chipped tooth later, I was in a lot of pain. Luckily, I was able to talk with our dentist and it didn't sounds like anything that needed attention right away, so we decided to proceed with the vacation as planned.
We met up with Ryan's parents at the little Pine Valley Chapel on Sunday and they took him to St George with them. He borrowed their truck and came back up on Monday for a little Memorial Day hike with the boys. We finally took the hiking backpack out for a test run. I started with it, but Ryan soon took over. Still, it wasn't bad. I am so much stronger than I was post Dezi or Cai! Labor and surgery with Dezi really beat me up and I think Cai was just too soon without giving my body the chance to fully recover.
Back to the hike, it was great! All the boys were there, except Oceano, and they all had fun exploring the river and the woods. Such adventures to be had in boyhood! Ryan was a champ carrying Tiago who also seemed to enjoy himself, despite the incredibly uncomfortable looking position he ended up napping in!
Dezi took these nature shots:


No comments:
Post a Comment