Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Visits to Dezi's School

With my pregnancy and soon to be life with newborn, I will not be participating in Dezi's classroom like I did when he was with Mrs. Thayer. I was happy that I at least got to come in twice this month. The first was for Dezi's birthday where he passed out Laffy Taffy candies, which the kids loved.


The second was for a cultural presentation. After working on a slideshow about Brazil and making brigadeiro and doce de leite, it was finally time for the presentation. Cai and I came to Dezi's classroom and Dezi was so proud and happy to help me talk about all the photos in the slide. I was grateful that we finally got to visit Brasil as a family last year and that Dezi does feel a certain connection to and pride about a place that is so important to me. It was fun to team up with him to share what we know and love about Brasil to his class. The presentation went so well that we suddenly ran out of time as the bell rang! We only had time to pass out brigadeiros which that meant we 'had' to eat all the doce de leite by ourselves after sharing a bit with Mrs. Schuler. What a day!

No comments: