We got a special invite to represent Daybreak residents on the the inaugural ride of Trax. Cai was uninterested in the speeches by the Mayor, President of Kennecott, and other speakers, but he was happy to eat the snacks. It was a bit rough for me as I didn't think about the fact that I would be standing for a while. Needless to say, I was very happy when they cut the ribbon and we got on the train. I only wish that Cai had been more personable when we were being interviewed by the news (tv and print). Once we were on the train, he was much more willing to smile at the cameras and we ended up being photographed and interviewed some more while enjoying the ride. Once we got the the West Valley station, there was another celebration with crazy drinks that gave Cai the bathroom urge a million times! Of course, the restrooms were soooo far! I was ready to collapse by the time we got home, but I was glad that Cai and I got to share in a special day on my birthday.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment