Monday, August 1, 2011

Tucson Reunion

I wasn't sure how I would manage it, but today was the little Tucson Reunion and I couldn't pass it up. We dropped Dezi off at school and went to Katie Dahle's house in Sandy, which was the meeting place. Lark Fillmore, Andrea Brown, Rae Wright, and Melissa Platt showed up as well. We went to Silver Lake up in the canyon and did a peaceful, rainy walk and picnic around the lake. I had intended on just sitting and waiting for the picnic part, but Cai was so excited to go around the lake that I obliged and just dealt with the throbbing pain. It was great to be in nature, smelling the rain in the forest and being surrounded by so much green. I loved seeing old friends and catching up.

On the way back to katie's house, Cai deleted all the photos I took because he "didn't like them." I couldn't believe it!

Back at the house, we were in for a fabulous surprise! Two monarchs that they were "raising" decided to emerge from their chrysalises. I loved it! Cai also had a great time and was so good at being very delicate with them while their wings opened and dried enough to be set free. I thought it was pretty cool that the whole neighborhood helps them reach the butterfly stage by picking the eggs and keeping the caterpillars away from predators until they can fly away. How fun that would be!











Posted by Picasa

No comments: