Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Splash Pad, Swirly Girls, and Deadly Daybreak Pkwy


Not sure how I missed getting all the boys in my silly iPhone pic, but Jonas and Asher were there too. In fact, it was their treat! What could be more perfect than water play at the splash pad and pastries afterwards?!

It was also special because this was our first bike ride to Soda Row now that I have a spiffy new bike. It was fun. We found a safe way using trails and crosswalks to get there so I was happy for that, though on our way back I realized nothing is really safe. Why, you ask? As we were a block away from the cross walk, there was an accident at that intersection. A teen in a van full of skate friends must have thought it was a four way. He stopped and then went, just in time for a white truck to slam on his brakes and smash into the side. Pretty amazing amount of damage to both vehicles and pretty scary that we could have been right there in the way.

Daybreak Pkwy is a daily disaster waiting to happen. I've almost been hit head on by someone who obviously didn't know it was one way. Also at the Oakmond roundabout I've almost been hit several times by people who don't know how to use roundabouts and come into the roundabout at 45 mph as I coming around (like they expect me to stop?). I even almost got hid head on in the actual roundabout by a pizza delivery guy who came into the roundabout the wrong way!

All good opportunities to teach the boys that no matter how smart and careful you are, there is always someone not paying attention, which means you have to anticipate poor judgement on the part of others and act defensively and cautiously when in or around streets!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: