Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cai's 1st day of Kindergarten

Cai's official start date was a week later than Dezi's since they do individual testing for the Kindergartners the first week. Of course, Cai was excited for his meeting with Mrs Thayer since he'd already gotten to know her as I volunteered weekly for Dezi's class. He was ready for his turn! He did great on his testing, testing at end of Kindergarten levels, which was no surprise. She decided to start him on Level B for reading so he could stay excited about it, though she said he could be a C. 

Since mom was in town, she watched Tiago while Cai and I went on a special date for brunch at Village Inn. Not only were we commemorating his first day, but also my birthday! We had a great time together. 

30 minutes before school started, Cai had his backpack and helmet on and was ready to go! It was all I could do to stall him. So cute! We got to ride our bikes together and saw so many friends when we got there. I think a third of the class is from our current ward or our old ward! 

When I picked him up, he was proudly wearing his "First Day of School" crown and said it was "Awesome!" I love the pictures I took afterwards of the fake smile, followed by a real, laughing smile. 







No comments: