Sunday, October 30, 2011

The infamous changing table

After having 2 boys that NEVER did this, I have one boy that is almost ALWAYS doing this! The 1st time was quite shocking with my arm and about 15 shirts falling victim. Sadly, this was early in the c-section recovery and caused me quite a bit of incisional pain as I called to Ryan to "come quick!" so he could immediately put his shirts to wash before any stains could set. As I started to tell him what happened, the giggles struck. The shock of it was just too great to not find hilarious. Ouch :) It now happens so frequently that I've got a whole routine down. #1 Bicycle Tiago's legs for a couple minutes and massage the intestines. #2 Wait. #3 carefully wipe bottom with diaper while trying to keep it upright as a shield. #4 Wait. #5 Finish clean up with a wipe, again using part of it as a shield. #6 Put bum cream on while using old diaper as protection. #7 Quickly put on new diaper and hope it doesn't immediately become soiled. Steps 3, 5 and 6 are especially dangerous triggers for his "surprise". Thus, the need for the additional protection of the old white cloth on Ryan's shirts :)
Story soon to be posted...

No comments: