Friday, May 27, 2011

Allergies

Due to Cai's increasingly suspicious reactions to animals and my continued sneeing an inability to breathe, we finally went in for allergy testing. We both tested very high for trees (spring), grasses (summer), and weeds (fall). No wonder I'm miserable almost ALL the time! What I've convinced myself as normal is totally not! Before we even the did the testing, the allergist said I had the classic symptoms: clearing my throat, little coughs, and pink, swollen membranes in my nose. And I thought today was a no allergy day! I also tested for some types of dust and Cai was super high for cats and dogs. The testing was hard for me and harder for Cai. My arms were super itchy, but Cai was miserable! His testing was on his back and I had to hold him in my lap the whole time to keep him from going crazy.






After the allergy tests, I started giving Cai Zyrtec every day and I'm on Rhinocourt. It seems to help some, but it doesn't mean we don't have bad days.
Sadly, Cai ended up being close to Dave and Raechel's cat when we were over there for a couple of hours. When he came downstairs, we were all shocked to see his eyes. We went home immediately and washed his face and changed his clothes. He fell asleep in tears with me snuggling him in the guest room. So scary!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: