Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cai's first game of the season

With Ryan in Italy, I had to have Dezi spend the morning with Jonas before crossing the street on his own to his soccer game at the school field. Why? Well, because I couldn't split myself in 3, which would have been ideal. Cai and I rushed downtown to the one day only Wasatch Community Garden plant sale before speeding to Cai's soccer game at Marv Jensen, which started at the same time as Dezi's. In retrospect, I shouldn't have done the plant sale, but I really wanted those heirloom tomato plants and I'm a sucker for supporting non-profits. Cai chose a dozen tomato plants! I wouldn't have chosen so many on my own, but there you have it. Maybe he will eat lots of tomatoes this summer, right?

As for the soccer game, sadly, he wasn't in much of a mood to play. I think the busy morning walking around in the sun had tired him out. It was also close to lunchtime and I didn't bring an abundance of snacks. All he wanted to do was eat and sit on my lap. We were lucky some friends were better prepared and shared with him. When he did finally play, he had some good moments and had fun, which is the important part.









The contrast of Cai's elation and Danny's despair is quite something in these pix. I don't remember if Cai made the goal or someone else, but Danny had really wanted to be the final striker and was pretty heart broken. Poor guy. Cai was just happy that his team was winning!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: