Thursday, May 13, 2010

Simba Safari with Tio and Gabriela


Today was Simba Safari with Tio and my cousin Gabriela. It is basically a drive through zoo. At the beginning, you can buy some special pellets that can be feed to some of the animals. We had fun feeding the ostrich (though it was kind of scary!), emus, deer, and, best of all, monkeys. I love monkeys! Probably a lot more than the average human. They are so cute and smart! Overall, the trip was good, but sometimes, I did think that the animals could have been given a lot bigger space to roam.

Afterwards, we went to a science museum. It's not typically open to the public (more school groups), but Tio Nelson had connections. He had helped with funding the project when he worked at Vitae, a non-profit organization that provided a lot of funding to arts and education. They let us right in and one of the directors actually took us around and explained a lot of fun things. My personal favorite was getting to ride on a bike that showed how much electricity I was generating. It was hard work! The boys loved the ants and planets best. I was happy that Gabi got to come along. She was always one of my favorite cousins. Growing up in my teen years she caused me to covet life growing up in São Paulo as she participated in everything I dreamt of doing: theater, dance, and music.

No comments: