Friday, May 7, 2010
First stop: The Fabricios in Guarulhos
José Fabricio, a long time friend of the family, picked us up from the airport. Unfortunately, I had two luggage issues. I forgot the car seats at the luggage carousel and, because I'd already passed through customs, had no way to go back and get them. In addition, my largest suitcase was broken. After wasting much time trying to find a Delta employee that could help, we left the airport and he dropped us off at his house. Later in the week, Paula, Kleber's girlfriend, was nice enough to drive me back to the airport to turn in my damaged suitcase for repair and to pick up the car seats.
Upon arrival, I was happy to see Cidinha (José's wife) and the boys were very happy to play with their grand kids, Henry, Gabriela, and Lucas, who hang out a lot at their house, and Mel, their dog. We spent the week with them, running the kids to school and back, going shopping, and doing regular day to day stuff. No tourism, just life. The kids really liked playing with all the "cousins" and I enjoyed chatting with Cidinha and her kids, Kety and Kleber, that I used to spend summers with.
During the week, the weather was so hot that I ended up having to buy some extra shorts and t-shirts for all of us. Cidinha even bought the boys some Brasil soccer flip flops that were super cute.
I was grateful for the time difference. Since the Brasilians all go to bed pretty late at night, I kept the boys on american time so going to bed at 8:00 meant they got to stay up with the rest of the kids who only went to bed around 11:00 brasilian time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment