This last week Dezi has just filled me with such motherly pride and happiness with some little projects he surprised me with.
#1 - Letter to Santa - We were talking about what the kids wanted for Christmas and I said we should go write him a letter and draw him a picture of what was desired. He wouldn't let me look at what he was doing until he was finished. In case a translation is needed, it reads, "Santa, I want a nerf gun. Deziderio Ryan Lubbers." My favorite part is his name. He always writes Dezi and we've never even talked about how to spell his whole name. I love that he sounded out "dadeo" and "riin" and he was very proud of his dash (Dezi-dadeo) to separate the part of his name that is his nickname. Too stinkin' cute!
#2 - Train Ticket - Dezi and Cai were playing a train game and Dezi got out some paper and asked for scissors to cut out a ticket. I wasn't looking at what he was doing and was so surprised when he involved me in his game by saying in his best conductor voice, "Here's your ticket ma'am." How awesome is it that he drew a fantastic train from his imagination AND sounded out "ticket".
#3 - Frosty the Snowman - After watching Frosty the Snowman, Dezi wanted to color his snowman picture. He got out his markers and went to work at the kitchen table, not letting me see what he was up to. He asked me to guess what his snowman was named and I said, "Frosty?" to which he answered, "Nope!" Then, with a huge smile, he held up his picture for me to see. Indeed, his snowman was not named Frosty, but was named Froste the snowman! I love how he wrote down the side of the paper when he ran out of room!
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment