Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lubbers December Visit



DeeAnn and Earl came to town on the unpleasant business of having the first of a series of eye surgeries for Earl.  Still, they managed to find time for us.  We met with DeeAnn to see the temple lights, but were a little too early.  I had a LiveDAYBREAK council meeting I had to get back to so we only got to see partial lights.  They boys loved seeing the big statue of Jesus with the universe around him and all the new displays in the Visitor's center.  They liked the very life like nativity and the small ones in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.  We will certainly have to go back another time when we can make a day of it.  I hurried back for my meeting while Ryan went to give Earl a blessing on the eve of the surgery.

After Earl had recovered a bit, they took the kids to see The Princess and the Frog, which they all loved.  They also spent some good time playing with the kids, which I really appreciated knowing that Earl had just gone through surgery.  I know how much it means to the boys to spend time with them.  As for me, I spent a lot of time trying to finish my orders for my new business, and running around making preparations for our Christmas in St George.

No comments: