Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Southern Utah Sojourn


In the middle of June, we finally made our way to visit family in St George. This seemed to be the only week all summer that this trip would work. We left immediately after Dezi's last soccer game and met up with DeeAnn and Earl for brunch at the Cracker Barrel in Springville. They met us there to give us the remote for their garage so we could stay there (they are currently in Mt Pleasant). It was a nice break, even though it meant waking Cai up from his peaceful nap (mind you, he was up until 10ish due to our spontaneous Lagoon trip yesterday). Earl treated us to some great food while we caught up with each other.

One of the main reasons for the trip was to pick up Mom's old Corolla that we decided to buy. We stayed in St George on Saturday night and took both cars to Pine Valley early the next morning. We went to sacrament meeting and headed for the cabin. Ryan and I played freeze tag and dinosaur tag with the boys before I fed them lunch and got Cai to nap. Soon enough, everyone else came back from church and it was time for Ryan to head back to SLC with the Corolla. The boys and I stayed behind for more adventures.

The cousins had a fantastic time building lean to huts with Vovó and going hiking with Vovô. Cai wasn't quite ready for the hike that Vovô had envisioned so I had to hike down early while Vovô took the others boys further up the trail. I think the favorite part was the cicadas. They had fun riding bikes, playing soccer and playing Scooby Doo video games, of course.

St George also provided lots of good times with Laura and Brian's trampoline and Mario Brothers games. The garden kept the boys digging for treasures and I had to keep Cai from picking unripe grapes and plums. Dezi and Cai loved playing with Lucas and Gus. I was happy to see them having such a great time with family and it was sad to leave so soon. We had to leave Tuesday so I could drive straight to Brent and Cathy's house for Earl's brithday party and to greet Lily from China.

No comments: