Sunday, June 21, 2009
Father's Day and Lily's first day at church
Despite spraining my wrist on Friday...actually, that deserves a brief moment of explanation. I should really say re-spraining because, apparently, for the last 10 years I have been continuously spraining my wrist whenever I do something wrist intensive (like too much computer time, photography with my fat lens, crow position in yoga, or, most recently, volunteering as elevator operator at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple). Even after my wrist heals, I will now be wearing a brace whenever I do any of those activities to prevent future injuries. Awesome. At least now I don't feel like such a wimp all those times I unknowingly sprained it and whimpered for weeks through mundane things like washing my hair, opening jars, and brushing the kids' teeth. I had a sprained wrist for crying out loud. I'm a super hero for withstanding the pain!
So, I return to my awesome husband. Despite my wrist injury, I felt it necessary to prove my love and appreciation for my children's father by making scrambled eggs and pancakes this morning. Lily was here to help and keep me from getting too crazy with the spatula. Once the boys realized I could make pancake letters, they each wanted their own special letter pancake too. I've doomed the simple pancake process forever! Ryan had a nice breakfast and proceeded to play kung fu with the kids, which they loved.
It was a pretty mellow day. Lily went to her first church meeting with us today. Afterward, we talked a lot about the basic doctrines while Ryan took a glorious afternoon nap. Happy Father's Day sweets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment