Friday, June 12, 2009
Lagoon - our first amusement park
I volunteered at a Family History Fair at the church on Thursday night (I showed how I make photo books and talked about Geni.com, a family history website I like a lot). The reason I bring that up is to say that I saw a flyer for our Stake Lagoon Day as I was leaving at 9:30. I decided to make a very crazy, last minute decision to take the kids. We dropped Ryan off at work Friday morning and began our adventure at Lagoon.
Overall, the boys were well-behaved, but it was still an exhausting day as a "single parent". It would have been handy to have two people to juggle standing in lines, but I think we had a phenomenal day, considering everything. We had a fantastic time and rode nearly every ride they were allowed to go on. It was great watching them have so much fun. Most of the time they went on the rides by themselves, the two of them together, but a couple times I had to go with them because they were too young to go alone. I was amazed at how brave Cai was on the scarier rides. I expected it from Dezi, but my little 2 year old baby seemed too young to be so adventurous. The red coaster was suprisingly fast, but boys loved it. Cai kept screaming "This is so fun!" as he held on for dear life. They also liked the one that is like a needle that raises you way up high and then lets you 'free fall'. They especially loved all the transportation ones, driving boats, cars, planes, and trains. By the time I finally pulled them away, it was past 8pm...a long day of fun for the fam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your pictures come out funky on my computer. Obviously, its you. I'm a genius with this stuff...
Post a Comment