Sunday, October 26, 2008
Snowbird
After Ryan took Dez to swimming lessons this morning, the boys and I were off to Snowbird for an adventure. We left Ryan behind since he hasn't been feeling too well (the whole family has been passing around a cold for a couple weeks). In fact, Cai actually has an ear infection, which I didn't even know about until taking him to his well check appointment this week. The Dr. was surprised to see an ear infection since he hadn't been complaining about anything. Maybe he has complained, but he's been so crazy I didn't notice. Cai is most definitely in the middle of his worst separation anxiety episode ever. It's not just separation anxiety though. There is a general fear for things like going up and down stairs (maybe balance issues with the ear infection?) and getting in other people's cars and houses (even if I'm getting in too). It all seems so irrational, but the fear/anxiety is very real to him.
Anyhow, we went to Snowbird and donated canned food in exchange for a tram ride. The boys had a great time on the tram. The view was beautiful, even though the fall colors are past their peak. We didn't stay at the top for too long because the wind was freezing (even with our coats!) and one mom with two kids on a mountain peak is a little crazy. It brought back all kinds of memories from traveling in Europe, especially when Ryan and I got trapped on the Matterhorn (the real one) with sudden severe weather. It was July and I was in shorts. My legs have never experienced such sharp stinging from cold. After huddling with a herd of sheep to stay warm, we ran down the steep trail to get back to the tram. Crazy times. Nothing like that this time around. We were prepared with coats, but didn't stay long. Instead, we went hiking and played at a river near the resort. The boys had a fantastic time spotting squirrels, throwing rocks in the river, and hiking with their "hiking sticks".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You guys do all kinds of fun stuff. Maybe because nature is so far away here. Well, we are going to try and go to the beach tomorrow. It'll be almost 90 degrees!
Post a Comment