Friday, October 3, 2008
Antelope Island with Daniela
The boys were super surprised when they awoke Sunday morning to find that their cousins had arrived late Saturday night. They all ran to each other, hugged, and exchanged "I love you." I was sad I didn't anticipate such a reunion 'cause it would've been pretty cute to catch on film.
The big event during their visit was a trip to Antelope Island. All the boys excitedly explored the visitor's center, picking up every pamphlet available. The hiking and 'beach combing' provided lots of fun, only to be topped by floating in the Great Salt Lake with bunches of brine shrimp. The gigantic buffalo roaming the island made us all feel like pioneers on the plains and playing at the old ranch completed that feeling as the boys roped cattle (fake ones), climbed fences, ran in the dirt, caught snakes, and got stickers in their socks. These boys were convinced they would have loved the rugged life on the island 100 years ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment