Sunday, October 19, 2008
Caetano's Birthday Weekend
Vovô and Vovó came to visit this weekend since it was fall break for my mom and Caetano's birthday. They arrived Friday morning and we left Dad to rest at the house while Mom and I took the kids to This Is the Place for what I thought was a quickish, free Halloween event. I was doubly wrong. We got a discount by joining with some others in line and paid $5 each (except Caetano). At first, I was disappointed since I'd thought it was free, but we ended up spending the whole day there. It was great fun! The kids loved the train rides, hay rides, and pony rides. They loved making corn husk dolls and running for the candy canon. It was fun to see the village, especially the replica of the Pine Valley chapel where we watched a puppet show that Dezi later re-enacted for Papai (Ryan). The petting zoo was great and, as usual, Caetano felt the need to hug and kiss willing animals. Fun times, for sure.
The next day we went to Herriman's Pumpkin Fest. The kids got candy, which made them ecstatic. They also got to see fire trucks, which were trumped by the huge bounce houses. For the first time ever, I was denied entry into a bounce house. The guy said it was a liability to let me in (to which I say, bs Mr. power trip). Cai wouldn't go in without me so we went to the bigger and better bounce obstacle/slide house and I was permitted entry. If you fail at first, try, try again. I was glad we went because Caetano loved it!
As for his birthday, the weekend was so busy, I admit the actual 'party' was a disaster. I made cupcakes, frosted one of them, lit a couple candles and we sang happy birthday. He was all shy for a second and didn't want to blow them out, but once Ryan and Dezi blew them out, he wanted to do it too. Over and over again. I think we lit and blew out candles at least a dozen times. His favorite present was a Mater remote controlled car (Dezi has a Lightnin' McQueen one). The boys went to bed cuddled up with their cars.
As usual, they were sad to see Vovô and Vovó leave. Lots of love for all the grandparents out there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment