As part of our Pioneer Day celebration, I thought I'd do something fun with my boys and the neighbors. I found a recipe for Pioneer Taffy on Pinterest (from the Lion House Cafe), borrowed Annelise's candy thermometer and went for it! While the candy was cooking to the right temperature, the kids drew pioneer pictures, like covered wagons. It was cute to see them trying their hardest to draw nice pictures. Then it was time to pull the taffy so they all washed their hands and got to it. They had fun pulling and smooshing and pulling and smooshing. Of course, I let it get one degree hotter than it should have so it ended up being sucking taffy rather than chewing taffy, but I didn't hear any complaints from the kids. They all thought it was delicious, all the more so after their hard work. Fun times!
Friday, July 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment