Monday, July 2, 2012

Another shot of epinephrine

Yep, to my great disappointment I had another reaction to my weekly allergy shot. About an hour after I got home I was itching the backs of my legs and my wrists. When I finally took the time to look, both locations had little bumps and welts. It wasn't as bad as the reaction I had several weeks ago, but I still went in to be monitored. It's one of those 'better safe than sorry' things since reactions can go from not-a-big deal to emergency fairly quickly. Sadly, this happened just as I was about to watch 3 cute girls from our ward while their pregnant mother moved a block away. The boys were disappointed that they didn't get to play and I felt bad that I didn't get to help out as intended.
At the office, they gave me some epinephrine (happy not to give myself the epipen!) and monitored my vitals for an hour or so. All is well, but I have now been 'demoted' in my dose for the third time. My body REALLY does not want to accept the amount of allergens that I need to build up resistance to these darn weeks, grasses, and trees! We'll keep trying, but this is going to take longer than I'd hoped. Cai, on the other hand, is doing just fine and has already reached his monthly maintenance dose. Lucky!

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: