It turned out that Ryan had a really busy week with his boss in town and a big end of year presentation to give. Thus, on opening night, the boys hung out at Leta's for the first time in forever and I took Tiago to the show for an hour or so. I was definitely underwhelmed with the crowd and hoped it would pick up.
Sadly, for my booth, it never did. The show in general struggled at first until a major online push to promote an 11/11/11 gift basket worth $1100. It recovered, but I don't think I did. Not sure if the location of my booth had anything to do win it or if it was just a different crowd, but I think I made less than half of what I made at last year's show :(
After I packed up the stuff, Dave Bunnell helped Ryan load and unload. I ended up feeling bad that I hadn't stuck with the original decision to not do it. I felt like it just complicated a week that was already busy for Ryan and just didn't have the sales I'd hoped for. Oh well. Knowing me, I would've regretted NOT doing the show if I hadn't done it. When the profit comes in, maybe it will be better than I estimated and I'll be happy I did it...
Raquel Lubbers
Http://www.BusyBumbleBeePhotography.com
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:
Post a Comment