Sunday, June 6, 2010
A Visit at the Orphanage
After visiting Benedito's family, we stopped at the local orphanage. I thought it was amazing that a town of 17,000 would have an orphanage, but they get children from all the other cities around the area. It seemed like a happy enough place. Regular dorms, a great playground, a cafeteria, etc. People come to visit, play with the kids, and bring food (a health code violation in the States, I'm sure). The kids LOVED hearing us speak English and more and more kids came running as the news spread. They were fun. We sang for them in English and they sang for us in Portuguese. The boys loved playing with them on the playground. Too bad we are carless or we could come play here every day...maybe even teach a little English for fun.
I kept my eyes open for the two little girls I've dreamt about, but didn't see them...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment