Saturday, June 19, 2010
Claro - Our last hurrah in Brazil's wonderful nature
Ronaldo was nice enough to take the boys and I across the river to Delphinopolis and on to Claro, a nature reserve full of waterfalls and rivers.
I knew that the ferry ride alone would be an adventure that the boys would love and I was right. Seeing the wide river and cars driving onto a ferry and standing at the railing watching the water pass by was quite the experience for them. They loved every second as I knew they would.
We stopped in Delfinopolis at a padaria for some yummy Brazilian breads and pastries to take along for our hike. It has turned into quite the cute little eco-tourism town.
Our hike to the waterfalls was fantastic. The boys loved the rocks, trees, vines, insects, and, most of all, the water. We hadn't intended on getting in the water so I took them in their holey jeans. Of course, once we got to the pools, the temptation was too great. They stripped down to their undies and had the time of their life. Even though we stayed for a long time, I had to tear the kids away when it was time to go. Only in Brazil could you go swimming at a waterfall in the winter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment