Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween


Yet another wonderful Halloween. Dezi got to wear his costume to school on Friday and all the parents got to come and watch their cute "Halloween Parade". I loved how he waved to Caetano and I. He was super cute!

As for Caetano, I was happy that he didn't mind being a monkey again this year. Last year, Ryan was unable to accompany him as the Man in the Yellow Hat due to work (last day of the ficsal year is not a good time for early trick-or-treating!), but with Halloween on a Saturday this year, they were able to team up as a wonderful pair. As I was getting the boys ready and decking Dezi out with vampire makeup, I started to feel bad that Dezi was the odd man out in the threesome. I sent them off to begin trick-or-treating, ran upstairs, found my old goth dress that I bought in Brazil when I was 20 (Wow, was it really that long ago?! Don't ask why I still have this thing hanging in my closet, though I will say I knew it would come in handy some day...), threw on the dress and some fishnets, powdered my face white, and ran out the door. It was the most spontaneous Halloween costume ever and I was happy to see the boys, especially Dezi, loved the surprise! Thankfully, Halloween night was actually pretty mild, considering it had just recently been snowing. Still, by the end of the night, I was freezing. We got home to find the basket we'd left on the porch empty (hopefully not cleaned out by the first kid that came by!) and let the kids get their fill of candy bliss before crashing for the night.

No comments: