Thursday, October 22, 2009
Joining the USA Soccer ranks
Dezi started off his new soccer season with quite a bang by making 4 goals! I think the 3 on 3 of USA vs the 6 on 6 of SLC County is a lot better for his age group. With 12 little kids on the field at the same time, it was chaos at best. Too many little feet around one ball was scary to rush into. Now that there are fewer kids, Dezi is not afraid of getting in the middle to steal the ball. Once he gets the ball, chances are that he'll make a goal. He runs fast and is getting a lot better at keeping others at bay. After the first game of making 4 goals, he expected to make that many every time. When he "only" made 2 the second game, he was teary eyed as the game ended and I had to give him a big pep talk about how it's not important how many goals you make, but that you play hard, try your best, and have a good attitude. Still, the third game, he'd only made 2 goals by half time and he was feeling down again. I gave him another pep talk, but he ended up making several goals the second half anyway. That started his 4 goal minimum streak. When my parents came for General Conference, they were happy to witness his best game. He made so many goals that we lost track around 10. Though I still cheered like a maniac (blame it on the Brazilian genes), we switched our focus to cheering him on to pass to his teammates. We were really happy when he passed to Katie right in front of the goal. I'm the epitomy of a proud soccer mom, but at least I try to cheer for the other players as much as I do for my own little star.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment