Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day with Brazilian Family


We headed down to St George for an extra long Labor Day weekend because my relatives from Brazil were visiting. Their trip was very quick and hectic, but it was great to see them. I'd seen Tio Sergio and his friend Ronaldo last year at Easter, but it had been 8 years since last seeing Tio Newton and Tia Telma. I can't believe it has been that long since going to Brazil! I'm so excited to take the boys there next summer and will just have to keep praying that nothing foils my plans this time!

Aside from shopping and mealtimes, I didn't see the Brazilians too much in St George because they were on the go all the time. While my dad played tour guide to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, and other fun places, my little family just hung out. Ryan actually worked from his parents house and I played with my sisters while the boys had some good cousin time. We also got away and had a little family time on the red hill at the Narrows. The boys got all the way through and loved it, though Ryan was a little timid of trying (which I thought wasn't a bad idea since one of my friends did get stuck in high school). We hiked around afterwards and the boys loved the little shelter in the rock. Being on the red hill brought back a lot of memories of my teen days. We used to hang out a lot up there, day and night. Bouldering by day, flashlights and campfires by night. Fun times.

No comments: