Thursday, April 30, 2009

April Flew


How did this month fly by so quickly? This was the month of expos and boutiques. I went to the What a Woman Wants Show because I regretted not buying the Amazing Action Alphabet last time. The kids have absolutely loved it! They look at the little flip chart book with cute characters as the letters as they sing along to songs that teach the sounds. Dezi nearly has the whole thing memorized already. Even Cai can tell me which letters make which sounds (not all of them, but a lot).

I also went to a couple garden shows as we are joining the community garden in Daybreak this year. I wanted to do it last year, but hesitated because I wasn't sure if we'd be here for the harvest. Well, that is still the situation, but I have decided that I can't live my life not doing things because we might move. So, on with life! We're doing a square foot garden, like we did in Tucson, and I even got to meet the author of the book at one of the shows! I hope I can get really good someday and help their organization. I love that it is a non profit that helps people in impoverished areas learn how to have better nutrition right outside their doors with little space and relatively little effort. The month was full of busy trips to Lowe's, Home Depot and local nurseries to get all my supplies.

Soccer started this month. Dezi's team consists of a bunch of kids from our church and a couple others that got thrown in. Ryan is the coach. It's been fun so far, even though the kids are generally clueless. You can tell which kids have older brothers that play a lot. I've been running the practices, which always provides laughs, but also stress. Keeping Cai happy while running a practice is NOT easy.

It was finally warm enough to go to one of Daybreak's newest parks. I don't know the name of it, but Dezi calls it the spiderman park because it has these funky climbing structures that look like giant webs. The best part is that the park is on the lake shore where they have put in a little beach, complete with sand. Though you're not supposed to swim, the kids were wading and building sand castles and it was great! This will definitely be a popular summer destination!

DeeAnn and Earl left us with their car for a week while they were back East. It was fantastic to have a car! Sometimes, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to be a one car family, but it is definitely liberating when I do have a car. Errands sure pile up so we had a lot of driving to do, which was perfect for the boys to learn their Amazing Action Alphabet! When my in-laws got back, we all went to Dovers (Ryan's brother) for a nice day of socializing and dinner. Dezi and Cai absolutely love hanging out with them. They think Blake and Justin are such cool teenagers and they love playing with Katie. Dezi wishes he could play there all the time.

No comments: