Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Dance

Well, we (the LiveDAYBREAK Council) brought back the Valentine's Dance. Ryan and I had so much fun learning to swing a few years ago when Black Diamond offerend 'social dance' lessons leading up to the Valentine's Ball. We were the only people who signed up and the private lessons were awesome!

No dance lessons this time, but I was able to convince them to have the Council 'sponsor' the event while donating all the ticket sales to the Daybreak to DebreZeit Fund and the local schools' funds. Other than making a flyer and trying to advertise, I really wasn't heavily involved like I was with the Gala. I did sponsor a table though, or rather Busy Bumble Bee Photography did.

We convinced the Bunnells and the Hamiltons to sit at our table, but we also had plenty of other friends there. Lots of people from the old ward came ('Utah Dave' sponsored a bunch of tables so the Robinsons, Jacksons, Hursts, Villgomez and many more came) along with the Nogueiras, Marina (a new Brasilian I just met), and people I know from my involvement with the Council.

Not only did Leta sponsor a table, but she also did my makeup! At first, I hated it and felt like a clown. Her version of 'toned down' was about 10 times more makeup than I wore for my wedding! She toned it down a bit more and I decided to just live a little. Since the makeup was out of my comfort zone, I decided to top it off with hair that was also very out of my norm.

Putting Tiago to sleep that early ended up being a challenge and we were a but late. I felt bad, but what do you do? A baby has to eat and sleep, right? Anyway, it all worked out.

Getting people to dance was a bit of a challenge and the music had its ups and downs, but overall, I had a lot of fun. I was happy to have so many friends and familiar faces there and I had a good time. Looking forward to next year. Next time, I'll remember to grab EVERYONE I know for silly pix in the photo booth. After all, that's half the fun!



 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: