Saturday, February 11, 2012

Chess Tournament

Riverton Elementary has a chess club that meets a couple times a week on the stage of the cafeteria after lunch. Dezi splits his week playing soccer, tag, and chess. He was really disappointed when I missed the sign ups for the first chess tournament of the year back in December so this time I made sure to call the school and get the full scoop. We got him signed up but doubted that he would last the whole day (5 rounds of chess from 9-3, including the award presentations afterwards).

Ryan took him and kept me posted via texts throughout the day. In the end, Dezi got a trophy for placing in the top ten for his age group. He was so happy and proud and so were we. I'm grateful that he has the opportunity to be involved in such a variety of activities and experiences


 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: