Sunday, February 13, 2011

The week of the sickies

Alert: this post contains graphic vomit info. There are few joys of motherhood that compare to cleaning up splashes of chunky vomit as tall as me in the worst possible location. Bunk bed ladder, bunk bed "wall" and cubby door, trundle bed and bedding, closet door, wall, other wall, toy bin "wall" and inundated carpet.


I guess it all started on Saturday evening when Cai started coming down with a fever.  We tag teamed going to church so he could stay home.  Dezi wasn't showin any symptoms so he went to church and school while Cai played the "sick on the couch so I get to watch tv all day game".  Just when Cai's fever was starting to subside, Dezi awoke late Tuesday night with a sick stomach that came on so quickly he didn't make it down his ladder before it hit. Poor guy. He's such a good kid. He had a lot to get rid of in that tummy of his. Even though cleanup was gruesome, I think most of it actually did end up in the toilet. He's a trooper. After a while, Ryan got up and watched him in the guest room while I started the hour and a half of cleanup. I had to move Cai down to our bed (amazingly, he didn't wake up!) so I could turn on the lights and deal with the most disgusting cleapup of my life. I was tempted to simply call some kind of disaster/hazmat team...

Post cleanup, I stayed with Dezi in the guest room while Ryan went back to our room to sleep with Cai. The rest of the week was spent watching way too much tv. Dez didn't go back to school until Friday and we didn't really leave the house in between. Ryan felt sick too, but it never got too bad, thank goodness. As for the mom, just tired of waiting on everyone hand and foot :)

No comments: